In August, OPI announced that they have designed two nail polish collections with Mariah Carey. The first of which launches in January and features eight limited edition nail lacquers inspired and hand selected by the diva herself. The collection introduces four new OPI Liquid Sand lacquers featuring groundbreaking technology for a unique, textured, matte finish infused with fine reflective particles.
The OPI Mariah Carey collection features four Studio shades and four Stage shades which create the textured finish once painted.
The Studio shades are:
- A Butterfly Moment –This sophisticated and frosty tan nude has us all a-flutter
- Sprung – Fall hopelessly in love with this shimmery copper
- Pink Yet Lavender – This pink glitter with lavender shimmer has superstar shine!
- Anti-bleak – This deep, creamy purple will lift your spirits
The Stage shades are:
- Stay the Night – Make it last in this matte black with red glints
- Get Your Number – Wearing this matte blue with sparkles is a great call
- Can’t Let Go – Hold onto this matte purple with dazzling sparkle
- The Impossible – This matte fuchsia with star confetti will never give up
The bottles will be retailing for $9 in the US and can be purchased from most professional salons and retail stores. In the UK the bottles retail for £11 and can be purchased online or in store at Selfridges.